Thursday, October 3, 2013

Underwear Drawer

My family have officially declared me crazy, OCD, anal, and a few other things under their breath that I didn't catch.

I started with Becky's task at Organizing Made Fun but went a little beyond my original intent.  I think it has something to do with knowing darn well, that my underwear drawer is probably the ONE place in our house that the teenagers will not ruin my attempt at being tidy and organized.  Even my husband stays out of this drawer.  This is MY space.

I started with this (yes, I'm posting pics of my undies online):


First, I covered two Cheerios boxes with contact paper which I bought for a project in my home office awhile ago but have yet to get to.  This was the part of the project that took the longest.



Next, I dug up two small accordion holders that I wasn't using and cut off the bottom of them as well as the top flap.  I got this idea from a link Becky posted to Rea at Homefor4sweetHome.  I used two sided tape to contact two accordions together.


The boxes went to the back of the drawer to hold my bras:


My undies were folded in half and then in thirds and each tucked into a slot in the accordion:


And finally, my perfectly organized undie drawer:


The only problem is that if this gets messed up I can't blame it on anyone else.........



12 comments:

  1. Wow! This looks fantastic. I feel like I'd be too lazy to maintain it though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, until now I thought my undies were organized because their basket had a label on it. Very clever.
    Traci

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea! and as someone who always folds and puts my undergarments away I could reasonably expect to maintain this. Thanks for the great idea

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is fantastic, I hate to even open my underware drawer!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I usually just throw mine in the drawer (undies in one, bras in another) but I would LOVE to open my drawers (and drawers) to look like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is amazing! I would have never thought of doing this, so thanks so much for sharing... :) I'm visiting you today from the Manic Monday linky party, so glad to have found you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! That is some organized underwear. Mine is just rolled in a ball and thrown in the drawer, lol.

    ReplyDelete
  8. hey joann, i am beyond thrilled that you tried my idea and that you gave me some ♥ through shoutout! some people just don't... :( it's not that I care but it makes me feel happy when they at least mention where it came from like you did♥

    it's been almost five months now that I have installed this drawer organizer and it is still works perfectly!

    i would love for you to follow me so you can get more organizing ideas!

    huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  9. hey joann! i am featuring this version of yours on today's post, head over when you the chance :)

    huggies♥
    rea

    ReplyDelete
  10. Positively fabulous! How inspiring!

    Kelley~

    ReplyDelete
  11. Very impressive and inspiring. Great idea - that's for sharing. Found you on Lovely Ladies Linky Party.

    ReplyDelete